Based on the 2010 International Consensus Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Emergency Cardiac Care (ECC), this course is developed for use within health care provider level CPR training. It is also used for those within the EMS system and lifeguards. Course includes:
- Basic precautions to prevent disease transmission
- Treatment for Foreign Body Obstructed Airway (FBOA i.e. choking)
- Care for injuries or sudden cardiac illness until advanced medical help arrives
- Administer chest compression and use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- 1-person & 2-person CPR
- Use of Oxygen
- Use of a BVM
- Use of oral/nasal airways
Participants will receive a book and a completion card upon finishing the class.
Students will complete all the lectures online and will have access to all lectures directly after payment. Upon completion the student will arrange to meet with an instructor to complete the hands-on skills check and complete the written exam.
By appointment only. Students who are re-certifying must present a current completion card that has not yet expired. Students will be responsible to present all BLS skills without instruction. Instructor will not review skills via official skills check and administer the written exam.
additional fees: Mileage may be charged.